Helping low-income students
We facilitate free, individualized tutoring to students, especially from low-income families, and help them fulfill their academic potential. We believe students should have the opportunity to succeed in their education, no matter their economic background.
Students who sign up will be matched with volunteer tutors. Tutoring sessions are currently hosted online, one-on-one, through Zoom or Google Meets. Our tutors have flexible hours and can personalize your sessions to accommodate you.
After your session, please consider giving us feedback on what you enjoyed and how we can improve!
- Is the program free?
- Yes, the program is entirely free. We are a non-profit organization and we do not charge fees for our services. If you are pleased with our services, please consider supporting us with a donation!
- Who are we and what are our qualifications?
- Our volunteers are high school students who are willing to help you overcome any challenges. Most of our tutors are AP students who excel in their own subject areas. While we cannot guarantee that we will be able to answer every single question you have, we will try to the best of our ability!
- What subjects can I find help with?
- Our tutors can help you with English, science, social studies, and math; we invite you to look at our full list of subjects. If possible, please send us any material such as textbooks, homework, or notes prior to the tutoring session so our tutors can preview the material and give you a better understanding of the topics.
- How do I get a tutor?
- You can get a tutor by signing up on the sign-up page, or alternatively, contact us through the contact page and send us your message. Both work fine and we are happy to help you.
- Can I work with the same tutor again?
- Absolutely! You can schedule multiple sessions with your tutor, even if it is your first time signing up.